There’s a lot in development at the moment, including:
- Asteroid field surrounding start location (pictured) – I like sneaking out through its protective barrier at the start of each play, but the hundredth time it got a little repetitive. I had to speed the command module up a little to compensate. I’d love to see more formations like this across the map, and expect to spend lots of time figuring out how to generate them.
- Ingame email – currently functional but ugly
- Paying for oxygen – right now it’s free, which means you can go a long way without touching the economy. I want to try this out and see how it goes.
- Proper death sequence – I’m still using the Nemesis/Narcissus/Eris sequence, however the ships you fly in Jameson are normal civilian craft so they shouldn’t explode quite so spectacularly.
- Placeholder Quest Zones – spaces in the map that you need to visit to finish the game
- Emergency Beacons… are how you find the quest zones
- Bugs – are few but annoying.
- In-game Instructions – are necessary because…
…I’m about to submit the CF series for the Freeplay Awards. It’s funny how much gets done a day or two before a deadline